The Wanties: Birthday Parties
Thanks to a twist of poor forward planning two of our children have birthdays this week. Creating two different yet special parties within two days is taking up much of my energy at the moment.
Luckily for me this is a great time of year to be party shopping with all the new ranges hitting the shelves I have been spoiled for choice…
1. Every good party has something exciting in a goodie bag. I tend to go with a couple of really lovely things and a paper bag is just the right size. I got mine at The Hambledon.
2. Monty doesn’t know it yet but his Grandma has bought him a swish new rain outfit ready for his woodland party and to wear at forest school. I can’t recommend Didriksons highly enough and we tend to buy from Viking Kids.
3. Miss Betsy is a little bit crazy about bunnies – there is little she loves more. To fit in with her bunny-mania she will be unwrapping a bunny dress from Wild Things Dresses! I know it’s a bit over the top but really, Kirtsy’s dresses are such great quality I know it will be worn until it barely fits.
4. When it comes to a party for toddlers I like to keep things simple and I’m hoping these bunny ears will provide some entertainment as well as doubling up as a cool take home gift. I snapped mine up from Little Baby Company where they have a whole range of Easter Bunny hunting goodness.
5. Also from Little Baby Company are these funky honeycomb parade characters by Ingela P Arrhenius. Not strictly necessary but I shall be decorating the house with them. (I have used a picture from Mokkasin, an awesome store who also sell these online)
6. To decorate both house and woodland I picked up a couple of rolls of crepe paper streamers which in my mind will be draped artfully around the place (in reality might well look shocking!)
7. A quick browse in Tiger the other day turned up these cute napkins for Betsy’s bunny saturated celebration. They don’t sell online (boo) but do have an endlessly fascinating range of toys and homewares if you happen to live near a store.
8. Monty picked out some paper cups from the party range at The Hambledon when we visited last week. I could easily have decked out the whole table in this range given the money but as we have plenty of reusables I refrained.
The bakeathon starts this evening – wish me luck!