By popular demand* here is my most awesome and satisfying soup recipe. I tend to make twice as much as we need and freeze the rest in single portions – so much nicer than other convenience soups.
- Peel, chop, rub with oil and roast up the butternut squash until soft – about 45 minutes at 190 – 200C.
- Heat butter over a medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic, ginger stir into the butter then add the spices (I buy spices from the Indian Supermarket not the regular one as they’re cheaper and nicer).
- Fry gently for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly so the spices don’t stick and clump.
- Add the hot stock and the roasted squash.
- Simmer for a while (about 20 minutes should be enough but not ruined if you leave it longer).
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- Add Yeo Valley Greek Yoghurt to serve.
- Eat with lashings of bread and butter.
- Keep sleeves out of soup.
*and by this I mean Amanda asked me and she is popular. Not only that but it is her birthday. And she is my hero, you need no more reasons but I thought you should know.