Super Easy Strawberry Ice Cream
Sometimes when I am cooking and baking it is as much the process as the end result which satisfies me. This recipe takes so little effort it is never going to be cathartic but boy does it deliver the best tasting ice cream. This is a great recipe to make with young children. Besides the constant questions about how much longer until they can try some of course.
Easy Strawberry Ice Cream
600g strawberries (plus 50g extra for chunks if you want them)
600ml double cream
200g golden caster sugar
(the proportions are equal measures of fruit to cream and 1/3 the weight in sugar so adapt it to suit the amount of strawberries you have)
- Sieve (or wizz in the food processor) the strawberries.
- Mix the strawberry puree, cream and sugar together.
- Put in your ice cream maker and follow the machine’s instructions (including maximum fill – learned that the messy way!)
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker put it in a shallow Tupperware container in the coldest section of your freezer. After a couple of hours, remove it and wizz with a hand held electric whisk. Leave for two hours again and repeat.
- If you want strawberry chunks in your ice cream roughly chop the extra 50g and add when the ice cream is nearly set.