I totally want you to be singing that title to the tune of Star Trekkin…
Recently Alyssa asked me to join a blog hop interview series to answer some questions and share my workspace with you.
It has been quite a while since you had a peek inside my teeny office and I thought you might like to see how it has changed over the last year or so.
Why Do I Write?
For me writing is a freedom.
To have grown up being told all of the things I couldn’t do; unravelling those teachings as an adult has made me feel free. Not only can I write but I can write how and when I want. I still feel like this blog is where I have truly found the courage to be open and proud of who I am.
What Am I Working on?
It often seems quiet around here. I would love to share more of my work with you but sometimes it just doesn’t quite fit. Here is a run down of what I have going on at the moment…
- Photography – I have several portraits sessions, product shoots and events in my diary at the moment. My camera and I are enjoying the creative burst of work this Autumn.
- Film – I am making a film about our trip to Rome this past May.
- Recipes – I have a fruity flapjack recipe and flatbread recipe which I will be photographing and writing up to share with you soon.
- Blogtacular – so many good things happening here. Meeting with potential sponsors, making collaboration plans and sounding out speakers for 2015. Lots of secrets that I will be (impatiently) keeping until next year.
How Does it Differ From Others in the Genre?
We often have this question in our weekly Blogtacular twitter chat. How do you stand out? What makes your blog different? And my answer is that it’s the writer that makes it different.
I’m not breaking any moulds here – this blog is about family, recipes and photos. It’s my point of view that sets me apart. I may not be and will never be a blog megastar but for me this has always been about connecting with other people who feel the same way I do and capturing our family life.
I would love to know why you come to visit me here, it intrigues me but I always hesitate to ask.
How Does my Writing Process Work?
I don’t think I have one process of writing. Often I’ll come to a post through long periods of thinking while other times I’ll get the coloured pens and my big book of brainstorming out and explore my thoughts that way.
I write from my heart and rarely edit once the thoughts are out on the page.
When it comes to writing recipes I’m very much led by what we are enjoying eating in the season. I let myself be guided by the fact that I write these recipes not only for you but to share with my children in the future.
How do you like my workspace these days? It’s certainly where I spend most of my time writing and editing.
I know you’ll be dying to know where the new items came from –
- The desk lamp is from the IKEA PS Collection.
- The weekly planner (hanging up) is from Lollipop and it is an absolute must for those of you trying to balance a busy schedule – the 2015 planner is ready to go on my wall!
- The yellow pegboard is from Hunkydory Home.
- The chair (which isn’t my usual desk chair, it just looked neater for the photos!) was from Metro Furniture – I wrote about it here.
Thanks for asking me to complete this Alyssa – it’s not often I examine my creative process here.
Disclosure: the pegboard and chair were sent to me.