When it finally dawned on me that my baby needed snacks in between meals I was somewhat at a loss when it came to what precisely she would have. Two years later and I am still making my very first baby snack creation but now with the assistance of Milla. I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we do.
5 ripe bananas
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
• Mash up the bananas until smooth then mix in the water.
• Sift in all of the dry ingredients (and add dry fruit if using).
• Mix to combine but don’t over-mix (like you’re making a muffin batter, flour all gone then no more).
• Turn into a well greased pound loaf tin.
• Bake for one hour at 200 degrees centigrade (maybe 180 in a fan).
• Allow to cool on a rack wrapped in a tea towel (leaving the tea towel around it in the cake tin seems to keep it nice for longer).
• Add a handful of dried fruits (figs, raisins, dates, apricots) occasionally needs a little more water.
• Add nuts and seeds (ground for babies).
• Replace one banana with another fruit (soft ripe pear, mango, strawberries).
• Add a little cocoa powder for chocolate banana bread.
Keeps for about one week if it lasts that long…